Specific Areas Speculation/Vacancy Tax Info

Area Specific Speculation / Vacancy Tax may apply to your purchase if you do not reside in it as a principle residence or rent it out for at least six months per year. Residents must declare their use each year. 

Check out Speculation and Vacancy Tax at:  https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/taxes/property-taxes/speculation-and-vacancy-tax

Greater Victoria areas fall within the Capital Regional District   https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/taxes/property-taxes/speculation-and-vacancy-tax/map-of-capital-region-district.pdf